Last updated: February 5, 2018
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect only personal information that is relevant and necessary to the provision of the Services. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
A. Personally Identifiable Information Collected from Individuals
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or through the Services; or from other third-party services that you link to your account or provide to us in any other way, including by e-mail. When you send an e-mail to Mozzaz, we may retain your e-mail address and the contents of the e-mail you send. We may also collect any personally identifiable information you provide about yourself to Mozzaz (for example, by completing forms or other actions anywhere else on the Site or in connection with the Services).
Mozzaz Partners may ask you to provide additional information, including but not limited to personally identifiable information and personal health information (as hereinafter defined), in order to setup and use the Services in conjunction with the Mozzaz Partner (the “Provider Information”) and to receive certain services from such Mozzaz Partner in conjunction with your use of the Services (the “Provider Services”). Your provision of Provider Information to a Mozzaz Partner will be governed by your then-applicable agreements with such Mozzaz Partner. You may choose not to provide the Mozzaz Partner with certain Provider Information, however then the Mozzaz Partner may choose not to provide you with all or some of the Provider Services. You agree that any information provided directly by you to a Mozzaz Partner shall not in any way be the responsibility of Mozzaz.
B. Personal Health Information
Some of the information provided by you to Mozzaz through your use of the Site or the Services may constitute protected personal health information and may be the subject of legislation, regulation, order, or rule in the jurisdiction in which you use the Site or the Services (the “Health Information Regulations”), including, but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 in the United States, the Personal Health Information Protection Act of 2004 in Ontario, and any other similar legislation in the jurisdiction in which you use the Site or the Services. Mozzaz will comply with all applicable Health Information Regulations with respect to the personal health information you provide to us through the Site or Services. By providing your personal health information to Mozzaz through your use of the Site or the Services, you consent to the use of such information in accordance with applicable Health Information Regulations and only for the specific purposes for which you have provided such personal health information (as such purpose is set forth by you when providing such personal health information, or by Mozzaz or a Mozzaz Partner when requesting such personal health information, which purposes may include, but not be limited to, the provision of the Services or the Provider Services).
C. Passive Gathering of Information Electronically
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site or the Services which is not designed to allow Mozzaz or any person to identify you personally (the “Passive Data”). Mozzaz and its authorized agents automatically receive and record Passive Data on their server logs from your browser, including, but not limited to, traffic data such as your IP address, cookie and web beacon information, and the page you requested. Mozzaz uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyse trends and administer the Services.
D. User Testimonials
We value your feedback on, and appreciate any testimonials about, our Services. If you send us any such feedback or testimonials, they shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Mozzaz. Despite the foregoing, Mozzaz shall obtain prior written approval of any usage of your identity or contact information, if Mozzaz wishes to reference you in connection with that feedback or testimonial.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
When you provide us with your information, we may use such information for a number of purposes, including:
A. Provider Services
Mozzaz partners with leading healthcare organizations to deliver state of the art mobile solutions for patient care management. Our Mozzaz platform is used by these providers for the purpose of delivering those Services to you. This information is owned and managed by the provider healthcare organizations. The following categories of personally identifiable information and personal health information may be collected:
- Registration – users are added to the system by the healthcare organization, which can determine what information to associate with each user account. At the discretion of the healthcare organization, this may include first name, last name, email address, date of birth, gender, physical address, phone number, and job title.
- Care planning – health organizations may input personal information and information about your medical condition for the Purpose of providing the Services. This may be stored in text or multi-media format.
- Self-reported information – while receiving the Services through the Mozzaz platform, you may enter information in the Care Plan created by your healthcare organization. We collect all such information for the purposes of providing the services. You may choose what information to wish to provide, which may impact the effectiveness of the Services.
- Communication – when made available by the healthcare organization, we collect any communications that occur through the Service.
- Alerts – when enabled by the healthcare organization, the Mozzaz Platform may trigger email and SMS alerts to professional care providers, patients/users and natural supports. These alerts may include any information as per the discretion of the healthcare organization.
- Automatically tracked information – we record all actions taken within the Mozzaz Platform for the purposes of providing the Services. When enabled by the healthcare organization, this may include GPS tracking. For all web based activity, we collect the IP address. The Mozzaz Platform also collects information on the device being used, including the model number, operating system version, storage capacity and CPU speed.
- Email – if you communicate with Mozzaz via email, we will collect your email address
- Reporting and data storage – we collect and store all data gathered within the Mozzaz Platform for the healthcare organization, until such a time as the healthcare organization deletes the data. This data can be visualized through 3rd party reporting software by the healthcare organization for the purposes of providing the Services.
- Wearable and health device information – when enabled by the healthcare organization, the Mozzaz Platform may collect data available from external wearable and health devices for the purposes of providing the Services.
B. Fulfilment of Services
We may retain or partner with other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, companies and individuals who: (i) conduct surveys or promotional activities; (ii) deliver products or services; (iii) web hosting, internet service, and data analysis; or (iv) resell or facilitate the distribution of the Services.
Such third parties may be provided with access to information needed to perform their functions but may not use such information for any other purpose. Such information will not include personal health information or personally identifiable information. You hereby consent to the delivery of such information to such third-parties for such purposes.
C. Service Improvements
Mozzaz continually strives to improve our capabilities and services. Information that we receive is used to customize, analyse, adjust and improve the Site to meet our or our Mozzaz Partners’ needs and expectations.
To allow for additional research, product development, and insights over time, Mozzaz may anonymize or de-identify your personally identifiable information and personal health information in a manner that meets the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) de-identification standard, such that such data is no longer reasonably identifiable. We may create statistical, aggregated data relating to our users and our Services for analytical purposes (“Aggregate Information”). Aggregated Information includes data derived from Personal Information as well as that which is obtained by Mozzaz from other sources in aggregated, anonymous form. Aggregate Information cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual. We use Aggregate Information to understand our customer base, market our Services, and improve and enhance our site and services.
D. Mozzaz Personnel
Mozzaz personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to personally identifiable information, where such access is necessary in the normal course of Mozzaz business and in compliance of any applicable Provincial, State, or Federal laws, orders, decrees or regulations.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personally identifiable information or personal health information to anyone and that we will share your personally identifiable information only as described below.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of products or Services with our third-party service providers and partners, including the Mozzaz Partners;
- To facilitate communication between Mozzaz and you including, without limitation, responding to your questions or comments, sending e-mails concerning our products and services, or to contact you for feedback regarding us or our Mozzaz Partners;
- To provide you with important functionality changes to the Site, new Services and special offers from Mozzaz and Mozzaz Partners that we think you will find valuable;
- To administer your account, provide products or services to you.
- To enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws; and/or
- to contact you by e-mail, if you have opted to be contacted by Mozzaz by e-mail.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Mozzaz, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets transferred, provided that such transfer will be conducted in accordance with all applicable laws;
We may otherwise disclose your personally identifiable information only when we have your prior consent to share the information.
EMAIL AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
We may use your personal information to contact you regarding an inquiry or to provide you with more information about Mozzaz and our services we believe you may be interested in. We will send you email alerts or notification messages unless you unsubscribe.
If you wish to opt out of these emails, you may do so by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the email; provided however, Mozzaz may maintain the right to send you important emails about your account or the Services.
EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGING ALLOWS HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS TO EXCHANGE INFORMATION EFFICIENTLY FOR THE BENEFIT OF USERS/PATIENTS. WE RECOGNIZE THAT EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGING MAY NOT BE A COMPLETELY SECURE MEANS OF COMMUNICATION. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE MEANS THAT YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO THE USE OF EMAIL AND/OR TEXT MESSAGING AS AN ACCEPTABLE FORM OF COMMUNICATION.
ACCESSING OR CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
You can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features of the Services or the Provider Services. If you chose to use Provider Services you can correct, amend, add or delete personally identifiable information by contacting the Provider directly.
We have implemented administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personally identifiable information and personal health information from unauthorized access and disclosure. These include encryption of information on mobile devices; SSL encryption of data while sending the data from the mobile device to our service operations data centre; and at all times while stored at our service operations datacentre. Our data centre operations also use industry accepted tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
You should also be aware that Mozzaz has no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit, even where such other site is linked to our Site or Services. If you share your computer, tablet/mobile device, or use a computer that is accessed by the general public in order to use or access the Services, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your information.
We want you to feel confident using the Site and the Services. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take commercially reasonable steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your information, searches or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your information, all Government directed and otherwise appropriate notification steps and actions to contain the privacy incident will be taken.
If you are a California resident, California law (Calif. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575-22578) entitles you to request information concerning whether your personal information has been disclosed to non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for such purposes.
Our Site does not respond to or recognize "Do Not Track" or similar signals that may be set in your web browser that let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We are not responsible for the practices employed by web sites linked to or from the Services or the Site, nor for the information or content contained therein. Please remember that when you use a link or go from our Site or Services to another web site, including those sites that have a link on our Site or Services, you are subject to that other web site’s own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding.
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
Canada United States
180 Columbia Street West, Unit 1 1700 Market Street, Suite 1005
Waterloo Ontario N2L 3L3 Philadelphia, PA 19103